We are seeking a highly skilled Senior AI/ML Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and will be focused on training neural networks in the cyber-security space.
Patchstack is a cyber security company helping companies and software developers to identify & patch vulnerabilities in open-source code. We have a strong community focus with our own gamified bug bounty program called Patchstack Alliance.
What we do:
- We provide a SaaS solution to detect and virtually patch plugin vulnerabilities
- We run a community-driven bug bounty platform (Patchstack Alliance) to nurture a community of independent security researchers behind the WordPress ecosystem.
- We maintain an open and free WordPress vulnerability database
- We provide professional code review and security auditing to WordPress plugins
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills who is fluent in the English language.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we’re looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
If you are a self-starter passionate about AI/ML and cyber-security, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Develop and implement advanced NLP tasks to improve our cyber-security products
- Train neural networks on a large corpus of data to detect and prevent cyber-attacks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and deploy AI/ML solutions
- Design and implement scalable data processing pipelines to ingest, transform, and analyze large volumes of unstructured and structured data
- Evaluate the performance of machine learning models using appropriate metrics and validation techniques, and fine-tune models as needed
- Ensure the robustness and security of machine learning models and data pipelines and adhere to best practices for data privacy and protection
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI/ML technologies
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Bachelor’s in AI/Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s is a plus!
- 5+ years of experience in AI/ML engineering with a focus on NLP and neural network training, NLP, semantic search, knowledge base creation, and training/fine-tuning LLMs
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Have experience working with Google Vertex AI or AWS Redshift, Glue, pipelines, etc.
- Proficiency with machine learning and deep learning toolkits (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Hugging Face)
- Experience with big data and scalable model training
- Familiarity with knowledge graphs and knowledge base construction and management
- Proven experience working with large datasets, and complex NLP projects, including code generation and advanced fact-checking
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
What we can offer:
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or WFH equipment for home-office
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Awesome team members!
How to apply?
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications for this role.