We are searching for an enthusiastic community manager who gets excited about security and is ready to take on the challenge to grow the biggest community of open-source security researchers.
You would be setting up our community growth strategy, managing our Discord server, and helping out the community members. You will also manage partnerships with other communities and organize online events.
Patchstack is a cyber security company helping companies and software developers to identify & patch vulnerabilities in open-source code. We have a strong community focus with our own gamified bug bounty program called Patchstack Alliance.
What we do:
- We provide a SaaS solution to detect and virtually patch plugin vulnerabilities
- We run a community-driven bug bounty platform (Patchstack Red Team) to nurture a community of independent security researchers behind the WordPress ecosystem.
- We maintain an open and free WordPress vulnerability database
- We provide professional code review and security auditing to WordPress plugins
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills who is fluent in the English language.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we’re looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
- Plan and execute community growth strategies
- Manage Patchstack Alliance Discord server
- Plan and execute community partnerships
- Plan and execute community events
- Work closely with our security research team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest open-source and web application security trends
- Strong understanding of web application security
- Excellent communication and writing skills (in English)
- Experience with managing Discord servers
- Experience with WordPress and other CMSs
Would be helpful:
- Knowledge of WordPress and other PHP-based content management systems
- Previous experience working in a web hosting or web security company
- Previous experience with analyzing malware from infected websites
- Previous vulnerability research and findings
- Previous experience working in a remote team
- Industry certifications
What we can offer:
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or WFH equipment for home-office
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Awesome team members!
How to apply?
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
To apply for the community manager position, please submit your resume and cover letter here!