Do you have extensive previous experience with PHP, Laravel and with tools such as PHPCS and PHPStan? Would you be excited to make millions of web applications more secure? Are you excited to work in a full-remote globally distributed company?
Patchstack is looking for a Backend Developer who has personal interest in web security and who can help us build modern web-based PHP applications with Laravel.
Patchstack is a cyber security company helping companies and software developers to identify & patch vulnerabilities in open-source code. We have a strong community focus with our own gamified bug bounty program called Patchstack Alliance.
Most importantly, we're looking for a full-time team member who is an excellent communicator can grow with the rest of the team.
What we do:
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills who is fluent in the English language.
You'll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we're looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Develop web-based PHP applications using Laravel
- Refactor existing code to meet new standards and features (PHP 8)
- Write unit tests and document features and processes
- Coordinate with other members of the team and communicate on the status of your tasks
- Timezone: EEST (+/- 2 hours)
- PHP, Laravel
- Familiar with tools such as PHPCS, PHPStan
- SQL and the ability to write performant queries
- SQL schema design, normalization
- Understanding of MVC frameworks and SPA
- Version control such as git
- Ability to write clean code that is also reusable
- A focus on security and performance
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing
- Outstanding communication skills
Would be helpful:
- Good understanding of Vue.js, NuxtJS, AWS, Python
- Previous experience working as a developer
- Previous experience working in a remote team
- Knowledge about WordPress and other PHP-based content management systems
- Industry certifications
What we can offer:
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or WFH equipment for home-office
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Awesome team members!
How to apply?
To apply for the backend developer position at Patchstack, please submit your contact information and resume here.